We're Hiring - Estimators
This position has been filled!
This position includes pre-construction processes as defined and estimating tasks of individual or multiple projects, as assigned.
Estimating activities and responsibilities will be geared completely toward acquisition of hard-bid, negotiated and short-list bid opportunities in our market segments.
Our Estimator has a substantial level of accountability to the success of MCCAULEY and will require a time commitment to meet strict deadlines.
The position is geared toward project development, risk management, proactive planning and relationship building, all of which include a list of job responsibilities and accountability. Those responsibilities include assurance that the overall goals of the project are met, project profitability, long term mutual relationships are established with every project, overall management of process is in place, and that administration and estimating tasks are in line with the
corporate principles, philosophies and values.
The Estimator will work closely with the Company Principal and President combining all of our
efforts toward the successful acquisition of the project base and backlog for MCCAULEY. You will
need to become well versed in the bidding and pricing procedures and philosophies of MCCAULEY.
You will be required to attend Pre-Bid Meetings, Pre-Proposal Meetings, Bid Openings and other
duties as needed in support of the acquisition of work.
Responsibilities of the Estimator:
MCCAULEY’S Estimator is responsible for preparing cost and labor estimates for commercial
construction projects through analyzing project drawings, specifications, RFP’s, submitting timely
questions for clarification during the bid process, preparing qualified subcontractor bid lists,
soliciting the bid project to a wide spread bidding subcontractor and supplier base, attend pre-bid
meetings, confirmation of scopes and bid proposals for completeness and accuracy and identifying
potential risks and opportunities for MCCAULEY to be the successful and low bidder on the project.
Skill Requirements of the Estimator:
• Proven to be highly self-motivated with strong personal initiative and solid judgment.
• Proven to work accurately while under pressure of bid day deadlines.
• Proven leadership and managerial abilities to interact with all levels of management.
• Proven ability to make accurate quantity surveys and to estimate the cost of materials,
labor, equipment and subcontractor’s work while ascertaining that all portions of the work
have been accounted for in final bid preparation.
• Proven ability to mentor, instill teamwork, delegate and follow up effectively and build
• Proven strong organizational skills with a superior attention to detail.
• Proven ability and desire to be a “hands-on” estimator doing quantity take-offs and
personally soliciting subcontractors during the bidding process.
• Proven attention to detail in all aspects.
• Proven and solid financial decision-making capabilities.
• Proven analytical skills as a problem predictor, not just a problem solver.
• Proven cost estimating skills and estimate/bid profitability.
• Proven quick-thinker and ability to multi-task and prioritize in the fast-pace of bid day
• Proven strategic estimating approach and techniques to be competitive and successful low
• Proven ability to schedule and lead complex construction project estimates.
• Proven communication skills - oral, written, presentation and interpersonal.
• Proven track record of excellence, evidenced by a record of meeting deadlines, providing
quality work, and meeting cost objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude.
If you feel you are qualified, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org